Managing Editor, Wellness Division
In the role of Managing Editor, you will be responsible for the overall mission, strategy and execution of content delivery for our bi-monthly Wellness consumer magazines, Pain-Free Living, Gluten-Free Living and Diabetes Self-Management, with the goal of building our audience and readership. This role provides both editorial focus and oversight of the content plan.
- Manage editorial workflow, edit articles and meet deadlines.
- Participate in magazine cover meetings and wall reviews.
- Proofread final pdf.
- Subscribe to daily news alerts to stay on top of industry news and trends.
- Grow contacts and maintain relationships; attend conferences and trade shows.
- Manage the Gluten-Free Living website.
- Ensure web content meets the needs and interests of audience and monitor visitor behavior by reviewing Google analytics on a regular basis. Measure content effectiveness and audience engagement and course correct as needed.
- Work with web team to determine the best way to present information online and improve look and feel of site.
- Work with editors and sales teams to create new editorial products (i.e., videos, tutorials, etc.).
- Work with art, technology, development and design teams to create assets to support editorial plan, including textural, screenshots, render, live and video assets.
- Update and/or repurpose existing content on Gluten-Free Living site; report and write new content for site as time allows; ensure print content is posted to site.
- Maintain public folders; respond or forward emails as necessary.
- Produce, edit and deploy Gluten-Free Living and Pain-Free Living e-newsletters and social media posts.
- Work closely with the Sr. Digital Editor of Diabetes Self-Management and Pain-Free Living to align content and direction to ensure accurate coverage and messaging, and to coordinate promotion of print magazine online and in newsletters.
- Serve as Food Editor for the Wellness titles: plan and edit the 30-40 page recipe section in each issue of Diabetes Self-Management using in-house recipe database; run nutritional analysis using The Food Processor software; work with freelance recipe contributors; write cookbook reviews; and conduct SEO research for food/nutrition/diet/recipe search terms.
- If interested please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]