Reporting directly to the VP of Operations and working closely with other members of the management team, the primary role of the Content Director will be to facilitate the execution of key content initiatives for all Madavor Media brands. In this role, the Content Director ensures that all of Madavor Media’s business narratives and messages are in support of the content strategies and editorial decisions that are formulated along with key stakeholders. This position also oversees the development and management of Madavor Media’s brand standards and content style guides, as well as the overall expression of the business’s corporate identity in the content it puts out. This position will be located at our headquarters in Braintree, MA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and inspire the development of first-class content by the Content/Editorial team along with other production means inclusive of videos, infographics, blogs, and data visualization in order to ensure optimal delivery of content to target audiences across multiple channels
- Develop and oversee an integrated content strategy that encompasses channel selection and focus, editorial governance, and metrics to be applied and aligned with the business’s overall objectives
- Responsible for the creation of editorial structure with the content department in order to ensure that all content across the business is integrated and aligned to support business objectives
- Design and implement measurement systems that actively measure, manage, optimize and communicate the performance of the content put out by the business
- Formulate questionnaires and surveys, gather information from key industry figures in an attempt to determine the validity of proposed topics and themes for the business’s content
- Conduct research on the competitive environment and gather market data for the business, using those results to come up with well-informed topics and themes for content creation
- Play a key role in public relations and product marketing, offering strategic counsel in their content planning, development, and overall strategies for key events and projects inclusive of major conferences, contests, surveys, webinar, freemiums, SIPs, and other key initiatives
- Oversee social media channels in regard to content, promotions, consumer engagement, customer services, performance management, and listings
- Partner with the Marketing team to support branding, content and messages
- Partner with the Sales team to develop sales content and identification of target consumers and potential markets
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, in public relations, social marketing, communications, or journalism preferably in senior editorial and/or publication management roles
- Superb writing and editing skills.
- Diverse portfolio of writing samples required.
- Demonstrated track record or writing and producing print and digital content for a range of audiences.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to tell a story and command attention of an audience.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment with a proactive and independent working style, to meet deadlines, to work under pressure, and to handle multiple priorities.
- Energy, initiative, intellect, flexibility and a team player.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Analytics, WordPress, SEO, ESP
- Experience working with an ESP (email service provider) to deliver content and marketing emails
- InCopy or InDesign experience a plus.
If interested please send resume to [email protected]